Thursday, December 8, 2011

There isn't a moment of my day that isn't spent wondering where you are, what you're doing or how you're feeling. Even in the quiet of the night, when everything is still and I am nearly asleep, there is a part of me that is still wondering. Just think. there's someone out there dying to get you to notice. Just think. someone's laying up staring at their ceiling thinking only of your smile.


I'm scared of the future. I'm scared of growing up and failing at my life. I'm scared of being old and alone. I'm scared I'm going to find someone who actually loves me.

Remember your friends won't give you the right advice until they've been through what you've been through.

Superman's not brave. You can't be brave if you're indestructible. It's every day people, like you and me, that are brave, knowing we could easily be defeated, but still continue forward.


The mind may have forgotten, but the body remembers everything -in the melody of a song, in a rip of a dress, in a taste stuck at the tip of your tongue, in the freckled constellation splattered across your light skin, in a look not meant to be a look, in the movement of their hips against yours, in a graze between nervous hands, in the loud beat of your beating heart. In one moment, the body remembers everything so vividly, so wildly, as if it were experiencing it the first time & the last time combined - an explosion of sorts that will never seem to leave with time. These things have become pieces of us, that have found a way to stay forever, as much as we deny it ever happened. But the reality is that it was never a figment - in fact, it was our realest dream somehow brought to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment